Adding A Job from Empower To Xero
Empower can automatically add a Job to Xero by creating a draft invoice. This is done when a Job is created in Empower.
1. To do this, first ensure Empower is connected to Xero - for more information see Connecting To Xero.
- import multiple Jobs from a spreadsheet - for more information on importing Jobs see Importing Job Data, or
- create a single Job in the normal manner by selecting Job > New Job from the Main Management Menu. For more information, see Introducing Jobs.
If you select the normal manner i.e. Job > New Job, you should see the following page. Note the highlighted connection to Xero message.
Note that the default Xero Account (as set up in Connecting To Xero) can be over ridden (see highlighted above)
Once you have created the Job, a draft invoice will be created in Xero.
A message will be displayed on the new Job page detailing the invoice number.
3. This invoice number is brought across from Xero, and is stored in Empower.
It can be viewed or edited in the Job > Edit page in the Invoice Number field - for more information see Editing Jobs.
4. If there are no Products, the draft invoice's Description will be Price Summary (see highlighted below).
This will be updated with the Job's Products when Products are added and also once the Job has been Dispatched.
For more information see Updating Xero Invoices.
For more information see Dispatching Jobs.