New Custom Report
To create a new Custom Report,
1. From the Main Management Menu go to Reports > Report Writer > New Custom Report.
2. Enter in a new Report Name.
3. Select a data source from the drop down list and click on Save.
The following Data Sources are available
Checking the Distinct check box will show only unique data - ie data rows that are the same will not be repeated.
- Customer Details - this has Customer related data
- Employee Details - this has Employee related data
- Employee Hours Worked - this has data related to Employees and their Clock In and Clock Out Times
- Employee Time Spent - this has data related to Employees and time spent on Tasks for particular Jobs and Products
- Jobs - his has data related to Jobs and Tasks
- Tasks - this has data related to Tasks and Jobs
- Products - this has Product related data.
4. Select a field or fields from the drop down field box and click Add
To sort on a field, select from the sort column - you can have a maximum of 3 separate sorts. If you do not want this field to be sorted on, leave the sort blank
To select a set of available data, choose a value from the following Selections
Most of these are self explanatory but note that
- Less Than
- Greater Than
- Not Contains
- Is Empty.
- If using Between, you need two criteria
- When using a date, the date should be in yyyy-mm-dd format eg the 1st of March 2019 should be 2019-03-01.
5. Finally, click on Save. To run the report see Run a Custom Report.
Some examples may help in understanding how this works - see Examples.