Introduction to Scheduling
Empower Scheduling is very quick and easy to set up. You should be able to set up a basic Schedule and have it running in only a few minutes.
Empower has three ways (or Types) of Scheduling
- Backwards Only Scheduling takes a Job's Job Required By date and works backwards from that date to calculate the dates Tasks need to be completed by. For example - imagine a Job with a Job Required By date of say the 30th, that has two Tasks in it say Design and Assemble. If Design needs to be completed 10 days before the Job Required By date and Assemble needs to be completed 1 day before the Job Required By date, then the Design will be scheduled on the 20th, and the Assemble on the 29th. For more information see Backwards Scheduling.
To see a YouTube Video of this see Introduction To Empower Scheduling.
- Forwards Only Scheduling takes a Job's Job Received Date and works forwards from that date to calculate the dates Tasks need to be completed on. For example - imagine a Job with a start date of say the 1st, that has two Tasks in it say Design and Assemble. If Design needs to be started 3 days after the Job Received date and Assemble needs to be completed 7 days after the Job Received date, then Design Task will be scheduled on the 4th, and the Assemble on the 7th. For more information see Forward Scheduling.
In addition to the three types of scheduling available, Empower has two ways of setting up scheduling
- Automatic Scheduling where Task completion/start dates are automatically scheduled based on the type of Product and rules for that Product
- Easy Scheduling where Products can manually be assigned a backwards or forwards schedule at the time the Job is entered (or edited) into Empower.
A Schedule quickly provides information on
Schedules can be created for all or part of your factory. Filters and combinations of filters can be applied to filter out or display selected data in those Schedules.
Schedules can be viewed by week / month / day with Tasks able to be dragged and dropped from one day to another.
- Task completion/start dates, and
Clicking on a Task drills down into the Task to display all details related to that Task.
Scheduled dates should be set as either the start or the end of the Task - for more information see Setting Schedule Dates.
A Task can be locked so that its Scheduled Date cannot be moved - for more information see Lock Tasks
During Scheduling there will sometimes be days when Tasks cannot be Scheduled because your company is closed for that day - e.g. a public vacation like Christmas day. To set these up see Vacations and Scheduling.
You can have as many Schedules as you wish - but the more you set up the longer the Schedules will take to run.
Its also possible to view an View the Employee Schedule.
There are a number of special Characters that Empower recommends not be used when entering information - for more information see Special Characters.