Auto Assigns of Processes
Sometimes the same Employee or Employees always carry out a particular Process, for example Bill Bloggs may always do the Assembly Process.
In this instance an Auto Assign for a Process can be set up. Note that only an Administrator can set these up.
An Auto Assign for a Process is like a rule that says, for example, automatically send all Assembly Tasks to Bloggs.
An Auto Assign for a Process is different from Auto Assigns of Product Processes in that it will Auto Assign all Tasks for that Process - rather than just Tasks for a particular Product and Process.
Auto Assigns for Processes will be overridden by Auto Assigns for Product Processes in the event of contention - i.e. the default will be Auto Assign for Processes.
The more Auto Assigns the better, as it saves time manually Assigning Tasks and reduces any human error factor involved in manually Assigning Tasks.
Auto Assigns can be set up for one or more Employees and also for one or more Work Centers. There is no limit on the number of Auto Assigns you can set up.
To set up Auto Assigns of Processes firstly ensure that they have been allowed.
To do this
1. From the Main Menu, Select Tools > Settings and select the Job Tab (highlighted below)
You should see a page similar to
3. Clicking on the Advanced button (see highlighted above) displays a number of additional advanced settings.
4. Ensure that Allow Auto Assign of Processes is set to On (as shown below).
5. Click on the Save button.
Now you are ready to Auto Assign Employees to Processes.
To do this
6. From the main menu, select Setup > Process. you should see a page similar to
7. Click on auto Assign next to the Process you wish to Auto Assign. You should see a page similar to
8. Click on the small down arrow at the right hand side of the drop down box (highlighted above)
9. From the drop down box select the Employee or Work Centers you wish to Auto Assign to.
Click on Auto Assign to save the Auto Assign.
And that's it, now every Assembly Process will be Automatically Assigned by default to the Employees and Work Centers that were selected..
Note that these will be overridden for Products where there is an Auto Assign for Assembly.